Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

2012 has finally come! Look out! It's the end of the world! Well, I definitely wouldn't say 2012 is the end of the world but I have a feeling there are going to be some major changes happening this year; a giant energy shift.

Anyway, I am happy to say that my new years was peaceful and fun. I sang for four hours at Dragon's Palate and headed to the plaza with Marco and his son. It was really nice to finally meet him and while it was short it was sweet. We enjoyed the fireworks and the craziness of the plaza for a bit and rang in the new year. Then the boys accompanied me back to my place. I was in bed by 1am. The next day I watched 4 movies, Bad Teacher, Friends with Benefits, Penelope, and The Other Boyelyn Girl. I also finished two books, The Last Kashmiri Rose and Alice in Wonderland. I think it was a very productive day for a Sunday and being January 1st! :)

I would like to recap my year.

January and February were my last two months at Maximo Nivel and by far my best. I had established a great routine by that point and Julia hooked it up with my schedule so that I didn't have class until 8am. Awesomeness! I went rafting in January for free and of course, in February I met my wonderful boyfriend, the love of my life, Marco and we have been together since.

In March I moved to Yamanya Hostel where I worked as a bartender and at the tour desk occasionally for my stay. I also taught a few classes for Excel. I had fun first getting Salmonella and then Shingles this month. Woot woot!

My brother came in April and we went of the Choquequirao trip as well as Machu Picchu. He also got very sick with Amoebas before all that.

In May I moved out of the hostel and in with my current roommate Rocio. We lived in Mariscal Gamarra for two months. I started working at Pasta Mama with my friend Marissa and I got a call from Angela asking me if I was interested in teaching violin. After a few visits and observations I knew it was the next adventure for me to take on and I knew that my violin was coming back into my life for a long time. I started with 6 students in May and have made it up to 20 at the end of this year.

In June I decided to go to Buenos Aires to take the Suzuki Philosophy course. I also experienced Inti Raymi and all the ridiculousness that is festival season for Cusco. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy the parade with Marco in his poncho and hat.

In July I actually travelled to BA and What a great trip that was apart from the ashes from the volcano in Chile keeping me in BA for a little longer than I would've liked. I did see the coolest bookstore ever. Thank you to my friend Gabi whom I met while I was living at Yamanya.

In August I experienced a Pago a La Tierra and really felt blessed for having been sent to Cusco.

In September and October I continued working at Qantu teaching violin. I also gained a mentor and teacher in September who has taught me more than I could imagine when it comes to playing and to teaching.

In November we adopted a cocker spaniel named Pepe from a cool Australian girl named Zara. We are super happy with him and we were happy to spend Christmas with him! He is a jugeton as they say here. He likes to play a lot! 2 and a half and happy! Also, my mother came to visit for my birthday and for Thanksgiving. What a wonderful experience that was. I am so glad that she came to spend time with me and to see what my life is like here in Peru. I am also super happy she brought me my violin!

Finally, December rolled around and I finished all of my classes with my students and enjoyed Christmas with my man and new years with him and his son.

I saw a poll on CNN that asked if you were happy to see 2011 go or if you were sad. over 80% were happy to see it go. I am guessing that they felt the effects of the recession and all the poop that is going on in the states right now. I think the other 20% were either in other countries or were able to keep their job this past year. I voted for sad to see it go but I am so excited for what 2012 is going to bring. I have a feeling it is going to be a big year in my life and I can't wait for all that is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment