Thursday, May 24, 2012

Welcome Back Parties


On Tuesday we had an open house and anyone who could stop by could do so. It was really fun to see people I hadn’t seen in a really long time, not just the time I had been away to Peru. My friend Matthew Hunter who I went to middle and high school with came through. He teaches music in Evanston and we chatted and caught up a bit. I also saw quite a few of my brothers/my friends and friends of my mother’s who know me. The highlight of my night was seeing my friend Chanel, Kait, and Amy. They brought delicious Avery beer and Bells! Yum!! They are planning their trip to Peru to see me get married and open a brewery! Haha!!
Yesterday morning my mother and I went to get a mani-pedi and massage at Sky Nails in north Evanston. It was a gift from my aunt to the both of us. My mother just had her birthday last Saturday. It was really fun and so relaxing. We even go the same color for our nails. How cute are we? 
Afterward, I met up with my girl Jess who I worked at camp with and at Uncle Dan’s in Evanston. She looks great and we caught up on her life and my life and camp. It felt so good to talk camp with someone who understands! I am looking forward to doing more of it once I get there tomorrow!
Last night we had a family dinner. 12 of my relatives came over and we had a nice time. I played with my second cousins Tia and Alexia. I let Tia take my camera and be photographer for a bit. Those pictures will be up soon on facebook. She is adorable!
 My mom made her famous heavenly layer cookies.

 My besties!! I love this photo. 

 Cousins and Aunt and Uncle

Playing with Tia!
I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. I am super excited for the rest of my trip and I am going to live it up to the fullest. My friend Emily who lives in Peru and dates my bandmate told me that the best thing I could do in the States is enjoy the hell out of it while I am there because missing Peru doesn’t makes sense. I will be back no matter what so there is no point wasting time feeling blue about not being with my man when I know I will be back soon. She is right and while I can’t get rid of the missing Marco EVER, it is not so bad that I can’t enjoy myself and have a good time catching up with people and rockin camp. Thank goodness for the internet and for skype! They make is seems like people really aren't that far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment