Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spinning

 So I decided last year that I was going to join a gym after I got back from the festival in Lima. It happened in March and I joined Pardo's Gym which is just a short 15 minute walk from my house. I decided to get the spinning membership and I am SO glad that I did. I love it! My morning has a routine now. I get up 3 to 4 times a week at 7:15am so that I can walk to an 8am spinning class. Today was my last class until I get back from my trip to the states so I thought I would share my spinning experience with the world.
 So what kind of bikes are there? Decent stationary bikes that are adjustable and quite comfortable. I found this lovely one that has a larger seat and it much more comfortable for my dairy aire. I had my mom send me bike shorts as well and my bike gloves. Those has helped immensely with the chafing and soreness. I am impressed by the women who spin daily and only use regular workout pants. Ooohf, my butt hurt so badly the first week!
 It's quite funny when I tell people that I take a spinning class in Cusco. So many of them are surprised to know that there are even gyms in Cusco. Come on!! Cusco isn't that rustic! It is the biggest tourist city in the country so it's not crazy that they have gyms. They have prices for foreigners that are more exspensive which is super stupid. Fortunately, Marco talked them down because when I joined we joined to together at a special rate, 60 soles for the couple. After he decided that it wasn't worth it for how many times he actually went, my price went up to 70 soles a month.
I am not complaining though. 70 soles a month is roughly $26 USD a month. That breaks down to $1.50 a class if I go 4 times a week. Not bad at all considering that a class at the Y costs around 15 bucks a class I imagine.

The best thing about spinning is how much I sweat. I cannot go to class without my towel because if I didn't have it I would drip all over everything. Haha! Seriously, it's a great workout and even though I need to mix in some yoga and other stuff sometimes to work out other parts of my body, I feel fantastic after I finish in the morning and it's only 9am. I am not a morning person but having a reason to get out of bed early and start the day has made me a much more productive, healthy, energized, and happy person. One person who is super happy about me working out more is Marco. He gets the benefits without the work! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment