Monday, July 25, 2011

Mi vida es loca but I like it!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have been running around like a mad woman trying to get all my students caught up on lessons and practicing for the Circus I played in last Thursday evening.

I am up to 15 students right now and I will have 17 starting in August. I seem to keep gaining them from all over the place. I couldn't ask for anything more. I am so blessed to be working in a job where I love every single minute. It is challenging and I know that there will always be something for me to improve upon. Right now it is everything. I taught note reading for the first time to two students today and it went really well. Poco a poco! I am going to be teaching one group class on my own and working as an assistant for another one with Angela. On top of that I will be an assistant for Camarata (the string orchestra) and the chorus and orchestras on Saturday afternoons. Right now there are two weeks of vacation from groups but I am continuing with my private classes so that everyone is caught up for July.

I was invited to play with the Closterfunks (a funk band in Cusco) for the Circus presentation called Soy Payaso. I had a blast! We practiced 3 times as a whole band but there was still improving all over the place on the night of. It didn't matter because the bar was packed and the acts were wonderful! There is a guy who does silks, jugglers, clowns, and dancers. I was so happy to be a part of it and I am excited that we have another show coming up on the 4th. Niki, the girl who was instrumental in pulling the whole thing off wants to make it something of a regular thing. We definitely want to do something for Halloween. We could make it super creepy and fun. I really enjoy all the people I played with and I actually ended up judging a voice contest on Satruday at ICPNAC (Instituto Cultural Peruano Norteamericano) with the pianist from the band. Haha, it was really fun. The girl who won sang My Heart with Go on by Celine Dion. Pictures from the Circus are up in the Peru #3 album.

Anyway, I feel very lucky to have met the people at the healing house as well as the South American Explorers Club. They are great people and good group of expats to hang out with since I don't have much connection to Maximo people anymore (which is totally fine by me.) My besties have all left Cusco so I have to make new friends. I am sad because Marissa is leaving too. She has been sick for almost a month and they can't seem to figure out what it is. She is going back to the states on the 17th. She took a job teaching massage therapy in DC. More power to her but I am definitely going to miss her. I don't really have time for Pasta Mama anymore but I will miss our mornings together baking and chatting.

So that's what's going on in my life right now. I am super busy and beyond happy. I wouldn't trade my life for anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment