Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Engaged!!!!!!!

 
What a marvelous weekend I had! Marco and I went to a really fun birthday party for our friend Emily and she told us all about how she and her boyfriend went to Lares, hot springs, for her actual birthday and that it was wonderful, relaxing and super romantic. I love hot springs so there was no hesitation from me. Marco and I decided that since he was on vacation still and Monday I have no students we could spend the night. I didn't remember my camera but I will tell you all about the experience!

We headed out on Monday afternoon at 1pm and after a few bus rides and crossing a ton of mountain sides we made a 15 minute walk up to the hot springs. It was 4 soles to enter and 40 soles to spend the night in a nice little room that looked out on the springs. We found out that there was not dinner served at the springs so we bought a can of tuna, some soda crackers, an avocado, bananas, and peach juice and made ourselves a dinner. Haha! It was great. After eating we headed down to the pools and enjoyed incredibly hot water. It was WONDERFUL! We didn't get to see any stars but Marco had something in his pocket that shone nice and bright that night. We took a walk around the springs and headed up to a lookout spot. I thought he might propose there but he waited until we got back down to our room and were on the balcony with a bottle of wine. He said (in Spanish) "Before I take any drink of alcohol I want to tell you that I love you with all my heart and I have a one questions for you" He got down on one knee and pulled out a pretty rose red box. "Amy Royse Brown, will you marry me?"

Claro que SI!!!!

I couldn't be happier to say yes to such a wonderful person. He is everything I want in a man and I know that we are going to have a happy and fulfilling life together (with children too!). He gave me a beautiful ring with an 18 karat gold band and we chatted about how he went about everything. He asked both of my parents for my hand and both of them responded to his email with extremely sweet and loving letters. I have amazing parents.


I couldn't wait to share the news and the first person I called was my brother and then my cousin Emy. I also talked to my dad and mom all on skype of course. They were all thrilled and happy to be receiving a phone call. Everyone else got to find out on facebook.
Speaking of facebook, I have never seen more comments or likes on anything I have every put up. It is super fun to see who writes comments and how happy people are. I know I get excited when I see that people are engaged and right now there are tons of people my age getting engaged and married. I guess everyone wants to share the love and I am all for it!!! 

I am currently without a ring because it is being re-sized to fit my finger perfectly. It was a bit big but that's better than being too small. All in all, I am EXTREMELY happy and am already excited to be living with my man and loving life. :)

There will be pictures to come on this post but my internet is super slow right now so it will have to wait til later. Check out my facebook page if you are friends with me to see a pic of the ring if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment