Sunday, August 26, 2012

And the Adventure Begins!

It didn't take long before we had to look for a place to live due to Marco's house not legally belonging to him anymore since he isn't married nor does he have kids living with him. The general sent a letter of eviction so we found a place in Zaguan del Cielo the neighborhood I lived in for 8 months before living with Marco. It is furnished and comfortable but $150 out of each of our pockets for the month. Fortunately, Marco extended his eviction until the 10th of October which will give us time to get legally married in Lima in September and have the house again.

Of course, there is the issue of all the moving of officials happening in October instead of January due to the border line in the ocean coming out that will divide Chile and Peru's water and some beach territory. There is a slight chance Chile could invade if it doesn't work out in their favor. Because of that everyone is moving in advance so everyone is in place and ready if Chile decides to be idiots. Anyway, this means that Marco may be leaving for Lima at the end of October which means I will need a place to live for two months before moving to Lima. I can't leave before the end of the year because I promised to work til the end of the year, I don't want to leave my students, I make decent money, I wouldn't have a job in Lima, and I will be moving there in January anyway. Unfortunately, it means living alone for two months but fortunately, we will have a house in Lima on the villa when I get to Lima because there are tons of people moving to the border and cities such as Puno and Cusco so there will be lots of houses available in Lima.

All of this is contingent upon Marco passing the War School exam and getting in. If he doesn't pass then we will have our house again back on the villa in Cusco and live in Cusco for another year. We will just have to wait and see. Whatever happens it will be an adventure. It already has been! For now, I am alone in an apartment with Pepe for the next three weeks. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment