Sunday, March 6, 2011

El Carnaval!!

What a fantastic day!! After a fast morning shift, Corey came over and we got ready to rock out to Pisac. Catherine tagged along with and I am so glad she did! When we got to Pisac we made sure to get something to eat before planning our attack on the small children in the square. Carnaval is all about water, water balloons, foam (espuma), and silly string. Everyone gets soaked. It's a requirement. We picked up a few bottles of espuma each and went at the kids. It was so much fun. We were some of the few gringos that took part in the soak/foam fest. What is the point of going to a Carnaval festival if you aren't going to partake? The kids loved us and managed to get us pretty badly. I was soaked from head to toe by the end of the few hours we spent running around. We ran into a few friends from the bar including Miguel Angel (my bartending teacher) who is from Pisac. He seems to be somewhat of a celebrity there. Everyone knows him. Granted, the town has about 700 people in it. Either way, we got a few free water balloons from him and continued on our mission to spray as many people we could. After running out of ammo and realizing how cold we actually were, we headed back to Cusco; happy, tired, wet, and ready for a hot shower! I will post some pics once Corey sends me some. I am currently working on cropping the video that Catherine got on her camera. It's awesome.

In other news, I bought a camera! Woohoo! It ended up being about $130 US but it's totally worth it. I am happy to have a photo taking machine again. My requirements were that it had a lithium battery and could take video. I ended up going with a Kodak 14 megapixel camera. I don't care at all about the megapixels. I was fine with my 6 megapixel canon before but they just don't stop getting bigger. Oh well. I am content and in lieu of the new camera, I am posting some pics of the hostel: my new home!

The first two pictures are of the bar. The final picture is the view from the second floor looking down on reception and the first patio.





No comments:

Post a Comment