Sunday, November 7, 2010

November is Here!

I cannot believe I have been here for a little over 2 months. Time has been flying by and I can´t complain. I have been having a great time and learning a lot about teaching and life in general. I have 6 classes this month which is great. They are all third month classes which means I have had them for the past two months and I know most of my students. It also means, however, that I will have 5 classes of final exams to grade. Fortunately, three classes are basico and their final exams are mostly multiple choice. I also have a conversation class which doesn´t have any type of curriculum or exam. I just get to decide what we are going to talk about for the first hour of my day. It´s great. I only have three students and they are quite enjoyable.

I am going to take an International Test Prep course this month so that I will be able to teach test prep to students. It´s a $500 dollar course in the US but I am taking it for $250 here. It´s still a little more than a paycheck for me so I am skimping a bit this month. It´s all right though. I have Ecuador to look forward to next month.

I have noticed a few more things about Peruvians. They love wearing Chucks or Converse shoes for those of you that don´t know what Chucks are. The men also like wearing fanny packs. Hilarious but economical.

I am super excited because a Colombian friend of mine who worked at Camp Echo about 4 or 5 summers ago is in Cusco. I can´t wait to meet up with him and catch up.

My birthday is on the 19th and I am really excited. I think I am going to go to a Karaoke bar. I definitely know that I am not going to teach. I am going to show movies in my classes and bring in popcorn. Why not? I know my students will enjoy it!

Other than that, I think I will do some laundry today and maybe get a little bit of lesson planning done today. Enjoy the week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment