Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No Puedo Hablar

I lost my voice. Not such a great thing to happen when you are a teacher. Fortunately, I am not feeling ill. My throat doesn´t even hurt. The problem is that I am having a bit of difficulty speaking in front of my classes. Thankfully, Josh stepped in this morning and covered my conversation class. I can get through the rest of my classes but a class that is all talking is a bit much especially in the morning when I am still trying to warm up the vocal cords.

In other news, I met up with Pablo Callejas last night for a few pisco sours at a little bar called Kilometer 0. It was great to see him and talk about Camp Echo. It made me nostalgic. It also made me realize how long it had been since I saw him last. We worked together during the summer of 2005. It´s been 5 years!!! That´s so crazy. He told me that Ben Saper, another Echo alum, visited him not too long ago in Colombia because he was doing an internship there. Not bad. I would love to visit Colombia. Maybe I will be able to soon. You never know. Anyway, it was wonderful seeing him and I love having visitors down here. It´s always nice to have a taste of something familiar even though Cusco has become quite familiar to me over the past two months.

I recently found out that my roommate is a Glee fan which is fantastic because now we can have Glee night on Thursday nights here. The new season starts next Thursday. What a perfect early birthday present! I think we might also have a Glee marathon this Saturday at our place with Becca, another teacher and self professed gleek. :) I´m excited! (Go ahead and smile because you think I am a huge dork!)

No comments:

Post a Comment